These rolls are a great addition to any meal. You can make them in less than fifteen minutes and have a fresh hot roll with your meal. These are quick bread, so you don’t want to overmix or beat these with a mixer.
You simply add the ingredients into a bowl and then fold them altogether with a spatula. Want to change up the flavor? Here are some great options:
- Cheese– Add any cheese to the mix you like. We often add cheddar or a blend of cheddar and jack.
- Garlic– Make them a garlic variety by adding some minced garlic to the mix and then brushing them with garlic butter after cooking.
- Pepper– Like spicy rolls? Add some sliced jalapenos or peppers of choice.
- Sweet– Make these into a sweet roll by leaving out a tsp of the salt and instead adding that much more sugar. Then maybe roll them in cinnamon and sugar or just topping with a little sugar before baking.
You can try any of those flavor varieties, combine a few of them, or just keep as normal.
I promise these will be a perfect quick fix for that side roll to dip in any of your meals. Enjoy!
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl with rubber spatula or sturdy spoon. Don’t over beat! Scoop into lightly greased muffin pans and bake at 450’F for 10 minutes or until lightly golden and toothpick comes out clean.